Sunday, February 2, 2014

Super Bowl XLVIII Prediction




Seattle Seahawks (15-3) vs. Denver Broncos (15-3)

   Well folks, it's finally time for the big game. After two long weeks of media coverage and hype, Super Bowl XLVIII has finally arrived. And this is shaping up to be one of the more spectacular showdowns in recent history. On one end we have a prolific offense: the best in the history of the sport. The opposing defense is suffocating, to say the least, and will be a daunting task for Manning and co. to handle. Two #1 seeds with identical records are squaring off, and I hope you all fastened your seat belts. This is going to be one awesome ride. So let's get to the picking. 
   I usually like to break the game down by position, but I think in all honesty that the Broncos have the advantage at just about every offensive spot (except, perhaps, tail back), and vice-versa for Seattle on Defense. I believe the special teams is a toss-up here, since Percy Harvin looks good to go and Trindon Holliday is explosive as well. Both coaches have lost in the big game and are searching for a first Lombardi trophy, so there's no wiggle room there either. Both Denver and Seattle thrive at home, but neither will have that luxury on Sunday. Heck, the Seahawks and Broncos have both even won at MetLife Stadium once this season, each in convincing fashion. 
   I'm not sure I can recall a Super Bowl in which the two teams were this well-matched. We've seen some great matchups in the past decade (Green Bay-Pittsburgh, Giants-Pats (twice), Colts-Saints) but if this game is anything like the hype has led us to believe, then regardless of the outcome we should all be in for a treat. This is a rare occasion, but I haven't got much more to say on the subject. I like the consistency I see with both teams week in and week out and it's a full blown toss-up as far as I'm concerned. So, if forced to decide I have to go with one key factor: Peyton Manning. I truly understand how tough this Seattle defense is, and I give them all the credit in the world for what they've done. Richard Sherman is a punk, but he does back it up. However, Manning looks incredibly confident and motivated, and I think he's going to put on a show for the ages. Look for him to even up the score with his brother, and to become the first Quarterback to lead two franchises to a championship. 

Prediction: He's the Man(ning). Peyton stars as Broncos win SuperBowl XLVIII, 26-24. 

That does it for me for this NFL Season. I'm 6-4 in the playoffs, shooting for a nice 7-4 finish. Either way, I'm looking forward to what is bound to be a great game in NEW JERSEY (had to go there). Have fun everyone, and stay safe! 





No comments:

Post a Comment